Love is Central in Christianity
- Introduction Family
- Help Moving, Cleaning out Shed, Food, Driving
around town for Rental Return
- 1 hr. 30 min sermon Lost hour due to Daylight Savings Time.
- John 3:16 Gods gift to man
- Football games
- I John 3:16 Mans Response
- Often we forget this verse
- Salvation has expectations
- Salvation is a gift of God it is free.
- Free Car Ask Attributes
Expectation is use or waste. We
can waste Salvation.
- Love is the essence of God
- Without love it is impossible
to know God. I John
- Without love we really cannot
see Him Dirty
- Without love we cannot please
him Nothing more
than robots, made us to be in his image
- Love means expression
What are Faith, Works, and Giving
without Love? Nothing!
- Love climaxes (reaches its
highest point) in giving.
- First day on Job preacher talks
- Elders are saying keep going!
- Giving is the supreme evidence of
the love of God.
- Speaking of giving of ourselves
- Very Human to focus on duties and ceremonies
- These can be done without self-surrender
- There is no substitute for Love
- Two Verses Regarding Our
Expression of Love for one another
- I John 4:7-12 Gods love is perfected in us
- Rom. 9:1-3- Pauls self-sacrificing love
- Do Not Become Distracted
- Matt. 22:36-40 Greatest commandment given to man Love!
- Real Love is obeying the will of
. Jn. 14:15.. However
- We can keep many commandments and not please God.
- A Great threat to our Souls is
to become distracted and neglect love
- Matt. 23:23 Scribes and Pharisees Rebuked!
- Love was pushed from the center of their life for
- Rom. 12:1 Tells us to make our bodies a living
- Substitutions for Love
- Keeping certain commands, but
without love for fellow Christians
- Attendance Attend for self,
rather than brothers and sisters.
- Teens attend and encourage
and bring others! Dont just come to please folks.
- Holding Scripturally correct
views, but not following them.
- Setting our minds on what is pure
- Jam 4:17 - To him therefore that
knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.
- Giving non-sacrificially
- Average worshipper gives between 3
and 4 % of income.
- More could be given, but dont want to do so.
- Giving? Bah,
humbug! Are there not enough prisons for the poor? Let them go there or die
and decrease the surplus population!
- Giving Money to Ease Conscience
- Money is often easier to give than
time and personal attention
- Dont want to go to senior
- Dont have time to be a class
- Resolving to do good instead of
- This isnt good when it comes to diets, nor is good when it comes to
- Acts 20:35 - Action is better than Resolution.
- Justifying ourselves based on
- I do just as much as anyone
else around here
- Parable of the pounds (Luke 19)
Entrusted according to our abilities, not others.
- We will not be awarded for achieving
mediocrity. Our actions
must come from heart.
- Doing Good works
- Love for God is not a numbers
game. I do more than anyone
- I visit, I give 20%, I teach, I
clean, I paint, I, I, I
- This is pride speaking, not love.
- Loving in Word and Not Deed
- I John 4:19-20
- Mark 7:11-13
- Love is Central to Christianity
- Demands response
- Expression of our hearts
- Love is Gods perfection in
- There are no substitutes for love.
- Gen. 3:1-5 Even had it
- To truly become like God, we must
- John 14:20-21
What about you
today? Do you know Love? True Love? Godly Love?
Without True Love,
we will be Truly Lost.